When in doubt, move the couch

After a long day of steam cleaning the living room furniture (and office carpet) the area appears quite a bit different. The furniture has been moved about and placed differently having the chance. Though my dog is not impressed with the layout, having removed easy access to the window, I believe it's immensely better than before. The sofa has seen better days, so worn and abused. Part of the frame was recently broken. The cushions are back-breaking misshapen from the weight of dogs, when perched on the back to enjoy the view of the yard. The mailman, passing neighbors, and my ringing ears are grateful for the prospect of peace and quiet. Things will be practically 'bark-free' for the next while.

We will be replacing the old lumpy couch with a brand new one (hopefully this weekend). This time I only want the dogs on it when we are. This will be a tad difficult (that's putting it lightly) seeing Amelie's affinity for climbing. She must have been a mountain goat in a former life the way she maneuvers her way upwards wherever possible with such confidence. The new improved sitting apparatus will be used for doing that alone, not adventure.

I'm such a softy, made so by her pout. She knows how to make my heart melt. None to worry, I'll be figuring out some solution to her entertainment dilemma. A temporary fix is already in place, and I plan on getting a stool or storage for her to prop herself up on. It ain't easy being small, after all. In fact I think that's how the couch got there in the first place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you can't leave the old couch up for the dogs. LOL @ the mountain goat comment...somethings ya gotta wonder, huh? My daughter's dog has a rocking chair she sits in & actually rocks!

gabbi said...

I'd love to see a dog do that! The dogs are adjusting to the new set-up so no harm no fowl on the couch fiasco.

Kiley said...

SOunds like you've been the queen of cleaning...wish I could motivate myself to do that (my place is an absolute STYE, I tell you!), but I doubt it will happen in this lifetime...*sigh*...