I hate happy endings

I actually watched 'The Notebook' last night. Slap me and call me sappy! I'm not one for watching romance flicks. They leave me pining for the man at the end (Mr. Right). Gosh, if you won't have him I WILL! This particular movie had the usual love and heartbreak, back and forth, coming or going, like every other movie of it's genre. I won't ruin it for anyone, but the ending is TOO perfect. I guess I'm a cynic. An odd coincidence but I just caught 'The United States of Leland' over the weekend on cable.

No peeing in the middle!
Honestly Darrel, the dog was only drooling. Maybe, if you got your butt to bed at a decent time you wouldn't be so cranky.

Money's money, honey.
I'm going to stick around. I've decided to stay at my job until the store closes down, or they can't afford to pay me. At the moment I get decent hours and a fair wage. Why mess with that? Gawd, minimum wage? Nuh-uh!

The sound of music.
Is it a good idea to play a Michael Jackson tune in public, with the trial going on and what not? I nearly shuddered when I recognized the voice coming from the store stereo. Of course I turned it off. Actually they also had 'the lion king' music playing as well. We are supposed to draw the people into the place! I'm just sayin' it ain't right.

No comments: