How to get from point A to B

There was a brief discussion this morning about keeping fit. We all know how to get there. So... if I know that exercise is vital, and I know how important eating healthy is then I have the map to success right? Not quite. With all this knowledge I haven't gotten anywhere. I guess I'm kind of like a man when he's lost and driving. I ignore the map completely without regard to logic or reason.

Dog it
Canines know we have it all wrong. Have you ever seen the look a dog gives you when your working out? Does my human know she's not getting anywhere? All that flailing around looks pretty pointless. They think we're crazy. Riding on our stationary bikes, jogging on the spot, or on a treadmill we aren't making progress. If I felt like I was going somewhere like Macy's or fetching a ball then it wouldn't seem such a chore, now would it?

Bitter sweet
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've got more on my plate than a load of food. It's piled high with issues. Sometimes just keeping up with what life dishes out is enough. Besides, I'm a firm believer in something I heard in a great movie. 'Life's and banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death'. I'm certainly not about to do that.

No comments: